Introducing Service Tracker
A structured, step by step means to monitor service learning progress. Designed with students, teachers and coordinators at the center.
The Service Tracker Student App
How it helps Students
The design of the app prompts critical thinking and reflection at all stages of the process.
- Students are guided through the 5 stages of service learning to encourage them to consider the reasons why they should become involved in a particular activity and what skills and attributes they hope to develop as a result of this involvement.
- The software also provides a way for students to document service learning which is very useful information to have when students are applying to colleges, universities and jobs.
- It helps students to organise thoughts and actions in an engaging and accessible way.
- The learning comes through ongoing reflection, and this tool supports that process in fun and easy ways.
Students are prompted to engage in meaningful service learning activities through guided planning, action and reflection stages.
- This means more effective service learning and therefore increased focus on students developing compassion, self-reflection, and self-management skills while at the same time being active members of their community.
Teacher and Admin Portal
How it helps teachers
Teachers have reduced administrative load as they don’t have to design their own system for students to plan, act and reflect.
- It removes the burden of monitoring log books, paper records, reminders to students.
- It additionally provides all teachers with detailed and instant data student service learning.
- This provides a different perspective of a student beyond their academic or sporting progress.
How it helps Coordinators
Service Tracker collects and shows all the information that coordinators need when overseeing a service learning programme.
- Coordinators are able to access service learning data at their fingertips.
- All of this provides coordinators with the evidence through which to determine whether or not a student has achieved sufficient progress against the service learning outcomes
How it helps Schools
Because of the rich data that Service Tracker provides, schools are better able to evaluate their service learning programmes:
- The long term tracking possibilities mean that schools can monitor the effectiveness and impact of service learning over years rather than just a short term reflection on a project.
- The data generated can be used as evidence of service learning when schools are going through authorization and evaluation processes with the IB.
- The information could help schools develop more meaningful and effective service learning experiences.
Send us a message
We'd love to hear from you!
Want to learn more? We are here to help! Please get in touch.